Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday night

Satuday night


at the end of my day with tea and toast
thinking of the horrors I chose Not to do today.

I sip slowly sipping, thinking of the so many times today I did the right thing, the expected thing.

At work I was cordial and helpful, energetic and happy
- and wondered if a co-worker's incessant chatter would stop if I threw a computer monitor at him.




I held the door for the old lady and her grandson,
- and wondered what she would do if I knocked the kid on his ass

I waved on the idiot that doesn't know the rules of a 4-way stop
- and wondered what he would do if I T-boned his car.

I went shopping at the orange-box hardware store,
- and wondered what they would do If I walked right past the cashiers and went out the door with my partially fill shopping cart.

I bought a box of girl scout cookies,
- and I wondered what her self-esteem would do if I told her that her girl scout vest looks stupid.

I got into my car,
- and wondered what the person next to me would do if I slammed my door into his car.

I saw a really beautiful person,
-and wondered if they'd enjoy me grabbing their ass as much as I would.

I let the cat out,
-and I wondered if it would be eaten by something tonight.

as I get into my jammies,
- and I wonder how many adults call them jammies

so on this saturday night I sit thinking of the horrors I did Not unleash upon society,
-and i wonder why didn't I....?

1 comment:

  1. Everyday, we make so many decisions that we are hardly even aware of them. Not sure if humans are unique in having the ability to consider consequences, but surely we place more emphasis on them than most. Steve, I liked this one! Btw, I call mine jamjams.

    ReplyDelete