Monday, March 14, 2011

addiction


the image is burned into my very core,
every where I look I see it

when people talk I think of it
when I'm alone i long for it,

I play with fantasy of it during the day
intelligence is no match for the emotion

the computer screen shows it to me,
and blurs the spreadsheet that I am working on.

then for a moment, brief though it is, I get relief

I can think again, I can see the bright blue skies
I feel the loving hug from my family

and I feel regret and guilt

and it starts to come into view,
I try not to look at it

and I feel frustration and fear
and waves of hopelessness pound me

and it starts to call my name
and I try not to hear it

and I try to remember the love of my family
and I try to remember the happy times without it

but again everywhere I look I see it
there are no words to explain it

its image is burned into my core.


2 comments:

  1. To me transcendence comes out of your experience. You see the futility of something and the addiction drops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6:30 pm made me chuckle. very clever.

    ReplyDelete