Sunday, July 17, 2011

thanks roscoe

sitting silent easy
inter-action hard.
loneliness in a group,..
that is me

you reach out in your way, but I not knowing what to say,
say nothing.

so I, distant, awkward, inept
feeling alone
don't reach out to your extended hand.

but I come back
again and again and again
learning
slowly learning
how to say hi

I awkward know not what to do
i am different

i run away to my shell, to deep inside my mind, at the slightest discomfort

loneliness is safe
loneliness is me

loneliness in a room full of people
that want to know me,
seem to accept me,
talk to me
extend their hand to me
extend their hearts to me
acknowledge me
support me
and help me

and I the great outsider keep my barriers up,

but I come back
again and again and again
learning
slowly learning
how to share parts of me.

you applaud in honesty
you applaud encouragement
you value me enough to know my name

when I fell you were there to pick me up

I am different and you are OK with my difference

and I come back
again and again and again.
learning,
growing

truly grateful for
talking to me
applauding me in honesty and encouragement
knowing my name
extending your arm in friend ship
and sharing your heart


No comments:

Post a Comment