Saturday, June 11, 2011

no "s"

Our time together long, began at 18 and endured through graduating college and beyond.
mom and dad thought marriage
we did not need any paper to proclaim our undying affection and love.

from dorm to apartment,.. to our very own home, we knew we were made for each other.

change, confrontation, and turmoil, all handled like mom and dad - together.

I,.. confident in our love,
and with my faith well-founded in you
you told me to invite him to that one party,
you told me you liked him
you thought he could become the loving brother I never had.

I allowed him in,
I welcomed him,

I did need him,
another man to talk with
a friend to go to the bar with
he became my confidant,
and, ... he did,... become the loving brother I never had,....

N O W,...
melancholy full
feeling down,
like a bolder falling from a cliff creating an avalanche of pain
on the journey to the bottom.

my woe exhaled in every breath

I,... now alone in the middle of nowhere,... on a night with no moon, with only a fire to talk to.

the agony burned into me like the knife I pull from the blazing fire
and touch it to my tattooed arm where your name reminded me ,..of my love for you.

the charring will deform, and defile. but will be nothing compared to the torture you have inflicted upon my heart,

the growing boil upon my arm will be beautiful compared to the thought of you with him.

and the man that I loved like a brother, ....the man that took you away from our home,......

he became the knife that burned me.




No comments:

Post a Comment