Sunday, April 1, 2012

pebble

and I am trapped
by the sand and grit
stepped on
rolled over
ignored


and i think to myself
i am important
i am needed
but with no way of showing it
i am taken for granted
a permanence of reliability
that is me

heat, cold rain or snow
I endure it all because
without me, you have no foundation

piss and puke spray on me
and I say nothing
how can I, trapped by sand and grit
I don't have the breath to spit
that what you are doing is pure shit
I should throw a Fit

and leave here,
but I remember the time I tried to
tried to get free from you,
I did get a a little bit lose it was true

but you saw that slightest shift
and you reacted quick
you said I was in so much trouble

and I was but back in my place,
with your steam roller feet
and jack hammer hands

no friends could save me
no acquaintances knew me
I am trapped
by the sand and grit
rolled on stepped over

I do have your security
your tight concrete grip
that grip to keep me in my place
that grip so strong it can make me feel safe
a grip strong enough to squeeze death into life.

I lie to myself, that
I am important
i am needed
my permanence of reliability
is not taken for granted

but after year and years together
I am seeing the lies,
the lies I say to myself
the lies you say to me
yes I see the lies more clearly,

i see,
that you see my scars in what used to be perfectly smooth skin

but you don't see that it was your unyielding grip
that started the decay
that caused the injury
which you now see as my deformity

but when I look at you,
I don't see your now weak crumbling form
I see only the strength when we first were mixed together in that cement mixer of life.

and I the permanence of reliability
know the only reason you have loosened your grip on me
is that you hope to find
hope to find a younger,.... me
a smooth skinned,
unblemished
rounded
plump
thing that you can grip tight

one that will fill the hole when you finally lose all grip on me.

you have done so well to keep me in your control
and I now know
i have no control
i have no importance
I gladly let everyone walk on me
let the piss and puke spray on me

and like a loose pebble from the side walk, I will leave a small hole in you,

but I will be kicked from one side of the street to the other
until a final ricochet off a passing car tire
will spit me into some dark dirty unseen corner

untouched
unloved
with no one to hold me tight.


No comments:

Post a Comment