Monday, April 26, 2010

New shoes

I picked up Johnny from school and told him that we needed to swing by the store
I needed to exchange some shoes.

he said: "Oh OK, how come?"
I said there is something wrong with the leather insoles either that or the socks.
My foot slides inside the shoe and it is a little bit uncomfortable.

So dad, our assignment tonight is to find out how we can help out in our community.


"The socks were the best the store had, some blend of synthetic and bamboo."

Do we do anything to help our community?

"You'd think that shoes that cost $500 and sox that cost $25 for the pair would be better."

Billy's said that he and his dad were going to a soup-kitchen, whats that?

"I know its a hassle going to the store and there are things you want to do, but its the right thing to do, this damn traffic, we are going nowhere fast."

Hey dad look

"I sure hope the store clerk gives me a hard time I'd love to take this to the manager, that will show you how to deal with people."

Dad, whats with that guy on the side of the road?

"Oh, damn it looks like its going to rain, I sure hope it holds off till at least we get in the store."

His clothes are a mess and torn and dirty.

"In this traffic we haven't moved an inch, maybe we won't go to the store."

His face is so grimy and dirty, and

"No, no matter what, we will go to the store, giving up now will be a bad example for you."

His fingers, it looks like he is missing some, dad do you know why?

"This is not just rain, its an absolute downpour, well, the store has a valet, so will use that to keep from getting too wet. your old man's pretty smart huh Johny?"


He is just standing there in the pouring rain, why doesn't he go home?


"Its important to stand up for your rights, eh son, the shoes should be comfortable the second you put them on."

Dad, hey dad, why does that man have duct tape on his feet instead of shoes?

"After I exchange these lousy shoes, how about I buy you that new "i-something-or-another" that was just released."

"So, what did you learn to day Johnny?"

No comments:

Post a Comment