Saturday, April 3, 2010

regret created

As the girl looks out the back of the car watching as Scott rushes into his dark empty house, she sees his slightly hunched over body heave up as he enters the front door.

And her mom asks her "is everything alright with him, he seemed quiet even for Scott." but before the girl could answer the driver of the car, in his logical way says to his wife "dear he is just a teenager, he has no normal"

The wife retorts "Why do you always interrupt, I wasn't talking you, Damn-it Can't I have a civil conversation with my daughter, without 'Mr. Logic' interfering,..."

and he says "don't start with that again"

She continues "well its true you are as cold as a stone, and your world is this perfectly arranged, bore, there is more to life than logic, what did the Doctor say?"

He reacts: "Can't you just leave well enough alone, why do you always bring that into every conversation, Damn it, you are such a Bitc..."

And the wife cuts the insult off before it is completed "not in front of our daughter"

He says "she knows we fight, its normal for people to argue"

The car becomes quiet, and the short drive home seems to take hours, the girl's let her iPod battery go dead, so she did not have her normal escape.

With no escape she looked back on the argument that just happened, and could not remember where it began,

What was that first question?

What was the words that turned it ugly?

When will we get home this it taking for ever... but, tonight was a good night we all had some great fun.
Picking on Scott, he was-like in such a mood tonight.
hiding from him in that one store.
pretending I wanted to kiss him.
John yanking on his pants, we didn't know we'd get to see so much :-)
Making fun of the middle schoolers trying to be Goth.
Pretending to get into a fight with Emily, it shocked even me when she pushed me into that display, knocking down all of those neatly stacked boxes then called me a bitch so loud that everyone in the store turned to look at us.
Flattening the tire of the security guards golf=cart.
Booby-trapping the salt shakers at that restaurant.
John kissing Ben on the lips on a dare. I found that so hot I had to do the same to Ben, and gave his butt a little squeeze as I slipped my tongue where just a minute ago John had his tongue.
Playing with the puppies in the pet store.


Finally, we are home, I can't wait to get out of this mobile cage. And with total predictably, Dad goes to the garage to watch TV and have a few beers, and mom and I have a night cap of milk and some delicious chocolate cake.

I tell her of my night, but not everything, of course, and as the conversation has longer pauses, I ask her what started that fight in the car?

She said "I'm not exactly sure dear, things sometimes are more important than they appear." after a short pause "All I really remember is after we dropped Scott off I asked you is Scott was OK, he seemed unusually quiet tonight?"

and the girl responded, "he was just Scott, maybe a little quiet, he kept on getting some in his eyes 'cause a couple of times tonight I saw them tearing up"

They cleaned up their plates and turned in for the night.

The next morning the group of friends were texting ferociously of the latest news and the girl in front of her mom, while reading a text exclaimed
"Oh My GOD, that cant be"
and she immediately called the sender of the text, and hopped online to read it for herself,


and the girl begins to cry.


and calls her her mom over to see the horror that took place while they slept.




The headline read:




"TEENS No Longer Allowed in the Mall"

1 comment: