Sunday, April 8, 2018

2

My friend has blue eyes.

I could have helped, but i just stood there.

The expression on his face was
A mix of desperation, helplessness, disbelief and fear.


He was my friend and maybe  the this sfirst time he was afraid.

Fear, is me
Fear
 fear and weakness is why i just stood there, looking into his blue eyes.

His eyes were screaming to me, screaming to help him.

We were not supposed to be there,
He knew that, as did I,
He did not know how to swim,
I did, but I believed I was to weak to even do one pull up.

He was much more of a lover of life,
Than I
 and  did not let his fear stop him from having fun.

I full of fear, it
Keeps me frozen, almost dead watching from the side, while he was living a life full of emotions.

And
And
and now his love of life finds him in a large body of water, he is face up, he is panicked,
   his head is under the water,
 he tries to scream,
but only exhales bubbles
 his arms and legs flailing ....
and
I
I am too weak to grab hold, and my fear has me so frozen i just dont know what to do.

After a long underwater scream, his body reflexively inhales.

inhales water, and i watched.

And the vision burned into me, like the shadow of a nuclear explosion, is the expression on his face
It is
A mixture of desperation, disbelief, fear and betrayal.

Betrayal, because he was there when i was too scared to ask that girl to dance, he took a punch that was meant for me, he always had my back and saved me so many times.

And now this blue eyed boy who loved and felt and lived a life with
all !!!! the emotions

This blue eyed boy
stops flailing his arms and legs,
And i
I  am a statue,
a useless stone,

and all I can do is look into his eyes, and see that his bright blue has dimmed, to a dead gray.







No comments:

Post a Comment