Tuesday, May 4, 2010

two questions

I saw an amazing looking person
nice looking shirt, with a great fit
pants that showed off their better parts
but I noticed that the cuff of their pants tattered and torn
and their shoes were those plastic things wore down to almost nothing

The person was young, an adult, but a very young adult. Their face was smooth as was their arms, with none of the tell-tale sores of certain drug use.

But definitely had the look of a run-away,
fresh out from safety
scared
alone
friendless
walking slowly aimlessly
lost


And my mind flashed to thoughts of nudity and bodies holding each other in ecstasy. then common sense ruined any chance of full on fantasy.

In front of the sandwich, I saw a deep sigh and a head hung low, as pockets were searched finding nothing. A gray cloud of despair spoiled an otherwise perfect face.

I in an act never before done, I walked up and asked "Are you hungry?"

The response was a hesitant "yes" mixed with fear of the price I would ask in return.

I ignored the fear, pulled out a couple of $20's and said lets go eat.

Slowly we both went inside, with some encouragement and flashing of funds to reassure that all I want to do is help.

Sandwich orders were placed and we ate.

During the conversation I discovered the deep dark secret for this run-away, to leave the safety of home.

I said all the right things to reassure that I was OK, and just want to help, trying to gently push this person to come home with me so I could see that body, of course, was Not on my mind :-)

After belly full, tiredness, the emotional release, and a new-found "friend" weakened their will and agreement to come home with me was not hard. I guess I really was in full control of the situation.


After a few nights of honorable behavior by me,
I bought some new clothes and threw away the tattered pants an shoes,
and found myself, actually liking maybe even loving this person
all of which killed my plans to totally take advantage of the situation.


So this becomes a love story, we laugh together, live together, cry together as we grow together. a one in a million shot at happiness that started, when I wanted to get into the pants of some run away.


Thanks for reading, but before you go, two questions, we'll call it reading comprehension questions:


Is the run-away a man or a woman?



Does it really matter?

1 comment:

  1. The whole time I was reading this, I was wondering the gender of the run-away. This sort of reminds me of a movie I saw recently..."Whatever Works."

    ReplyDelete